139,276 vehicles sold in October, an increase of 8.3%
Well on course to reach new sales record in 2011
BMW Group sales recorded solid growth once again in October. With 139,276 BMW, MINI and Rolls-Royce brand automobiles delivered worldwide (+8.3% / prev. yr. 128,598), the BMW Group achieved its best-ever October sales result. A total of 1,371,863 (prev. yr. 1,190,796) vehicles have been delivered to customers since the start of the year – an increase of 15.2% compared with the first ten months of the previous year.
- The BMW brand sold 115,136 (prev. yr. 107,796) vehicles worldwide in October and grew at a rate of 6.8% year-on-year.
- The BMW 5 Series maintains its position as the clear segment leader with strong sales of over 25,000 units in October
- The new BMW X3 continues to be popular with customers, with worldwide sales soaring 333.8% last month to 10,949 vehicles
- The BMW X5 remains market leader worldwide in its segment. Celebrated an important milestone by reaching sales of over 500,000 vehicles since its launch in December 2006.
- The MINI brand achieved a new sales record for October. Volumes rose 16.2% to 23,839 units (prev. yr. 20,523).
- The MINI Countryman continued to report strong sales with 8,645 vehicles sold last month (prev. yr. 3,525/+145.2%).
- The U.S. reported robust growth, where the company sold 27,288 vehicles, which was 17.5% more than the 23,222 deliveries in October 2010.